Please read the following conditions of participation carefully. Incorrect applications will not be considered.
- The Creative Video Award honours outstanding film productions by young filmmakers.
- Registration takes place as a production group.
- Fill out the registration form completely.
- Submit a short film which must include the following: Opening and closing credits naming the contributors (e.g. author, music, editing, etc.).
- In addition, upload a separate 1-minute teaser video and a group photo of your production group.
- An incomplete application will automatically lead to exclusion from the production group.
- There are no age restrictions for applying for the Creative Video Award.
- Only EU citizens are eligible to apply.
- Application deadline: April 30, 2024 at 12:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time)
- Please also note the video guidelines below.
- Dates and prices are subject to change at the discretion of the Joe Zawinul Foundation for Achievement, in particular to protect and promote the health of all participants.
All group members or a representative must attend the Joe Zawinul Award Ceremony on June 9, 2024 at the Porgy & Bess Jazz Club (Vienna, Austria), otherwise the group will be disqualified.
- The film project submitted to the Joe Zawinul Foundation in the category “Production Group”, must be a project assigned by the school and created as a group project.
Guidelines for the submission of videos
- The production group may not use any existing video material, video clips, YouTube videos or other material that has already been produced and/or broadcasted.
- All contributors must be named in the credits – lyrics, music, editing, etc. Videos without credits will be automatically disqualified.
- The material may be shot with any type of camera.
- The video must be submitted as either an MP4 or MOV file. All other formats will be rejected.
- Entries missing the teaser will be automatically disqualified.
- If you have further questions about the video guidelines, you can always send us a message. Go to the contact form.
Requirements for the biography
- Send us a short biography about the production including the names and roles of each member of the production team.
- The group photo of the production group must be high-resolution (300+ dpi) (not embedded in a Word or PDF document!).
- Do you have any questions about the biography? Go to the contact form – we are happy to answer all your questions.
- Only videos will be accepted that have been uploaded/submitted via WeTransfer
- If you use the online application form, you must upload your video as a link.
- If you want to register using the PDF form, you need to send your video (and the completed PDF) via WeTransfer to the email address provided in the PDF.
- Applications by other means or via other file hosters will not be accepted. We only accept WeTransfer as a file hoster.
- If you have further questions regarding the uploading/sending of the application documents, you can always reach out to us. Go to the contact form.
Your Creative Video will be judged on the following criteria:
- Filmmaking skills
- Editing skills
Subject to change without notice.